Click on this link to watch a video: Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose
http://www.vimeo.com/2120177
I was exposed to this video because of my good friend Janvier's blog. Sorry Jonny, for stealing your idea, but this is something that I think needs to be shared (and thanks for being the first to share it). This video puts into words the way I feel about the gospel as it pertains to explaining it to those who are not of my faith. I am thankful for her solid example and interpretation of her simple faith in Jesus Christ and his church on this earth in these latter days. It is sometimes difficult to explain to somebody who does not believe the same things as you why you follow the religion you do. I specifically share Rachel's (girl in the video) ideas and feelings on the beauty and truth that can be found in all religions, aside from my own. Upon entering BYU I was disappointed to find that they did not offer a Theology major because that is what I originally wanted to study. I find it fascinating to learn what other cultures around the world believe. And as I have studied these other religions through my Humanities major and my individual readings I have found that they not only interest me but that they add to my own personal testimony and strengthen my own faith in what I already believe to be true.
One thing Rachel said specifically really touched me. She commented that she thinks spiritual knowledge must be gained spiritually. It's a simple thought, but so simply true. To me the Gospel of Jesus Christ is simple and logical. But to some it seems difficult. To some it seems illogical. To those who think this way I would say that certain knowledges of the gospel cannot be obtained only intellectually, but must be pondered upon spiritually and taken to the Lord in earnest prayer, with a spiritual mind.
I am grateful for my knowledge of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in these latter days. I hope I can continue to show my gratitude by being as effective a missionary as Rachel.
1 comment:
i watched this video a couple weeks ago. i love it too. i can't imagine how many lives she has touched with her simple, yet solid testimony. her view of beauty and goodness in all religions really resonated with me as well. i feel that every day, especially over here, but i can't express it the way i wish i could. i'm glad she did. i'm sure she had no idea how many lives she would effect with her answers, in this one interview.
e, you're amazing. i think more than we realize, we are put in situations for the benefit and growth of other people. we learn too, but we give others strength and opportunity for growth, just trying to figure out our own problems. without even noticing it. thank you for that. even if it doesn't make the situation feel any better right now. thanks for sharing your faith. i like to believe everything will work out in the end. if it's not working out yet, then i guess it's not the end. love you.
Post a Comment