thursday last, i was cooking up a scrumptious brunch of pancakes and warm maple syrupy goodness. the large 'bay' window in my apartment allowed me to see an approaching truck, the kind that carries cargo from one country to another. as i was expecting a very important birthday package from the woman who gave me life, i knew this truck had made this special trip just for me. solo dance party ensued until there came a knock at my door. the lovely gentleman asked me to sign and handed over a moderately heavy box filled with love and happiness. and kindles and cameras and booties from urban and cupcake piggy banks and history textbooks and long underwear to survive the nordic temperatures and, as i already mentioned, love and happiness, which permeated my entire being and is still fueling me to this day. thank you mother dearest for the best package ever received by any human being in the history of fedex.
at long last, here are some pics of my hood. my town is small and there's not much to it, but i hope you enjoy.
the gym
7 comments:
Yay! Pictures! Love it. It looks small but beautiful. And great pic of you too. Too bad we can't afford a Christmas package too. Ha Ha. Keep the pictures coming even if they will all be the same color.
yay for packages!! And I love your pictures. You are amazing E. I have such greater appreciation for what you are doing out there. It's not easy. You are a strong woman! love you.
Yay! I had to say it, even though everyone else has. I love the pictures, I have been wondering what everything looks like. I can't believe you have a sauna, so amazing. The package sounded fantastic, I can imagine how happy it made you!
gosh. beautiful pictures. but i think i have goosebumps from just looking at them. warm hugs to you!! keep the pics coming.
Hey Erica,
You may not remember me because we didn't really hang out or anything, but we went to MVHS together and I came across your blog through another friends ages ago and I just love when you post. I love that you are out there doing awesome things with your life! I read too many blogs where the girls graduated high school, got married 5 minutes later, and started making babies. Not that that isn't awesome in a way of it's own I suppose, but.... I just love that you are doing something different and you totally love it.
Anyway, keep posting because I love the updates and good luck with all your adventures.
Meagen
I don't trust a church/religion that isn't a tiny bit creepy. Also, I miss your face.
Great pictures. I love packages from home. Miss your face.
Post a Comment