Finally! A much needed couple days off and an opportunity to visit Matthew in Greece. I know it's dirty, and overpopulated, and has crazy drivers and it's very old, but I. LOVE. ATHENS! Seeing the Parthenon has been atop my list of 'Things to do before I die' for some time now and I still can't believe I actually saw it with my own two eyes. The climb up the Acropolis is beautiful. We could not have gotten any luckier with the weather. It was a sunny, warm, perfect day to spend a lot of time on the most famous hill in all of history. And great lighting for pictures, too! Matthew and I enjoyed each others company and had an all around great weekend. He played in Athens last year so I got to see where he used to live and the gym he used to play in. Monday was a holiday, so the museums were closed, but it was such a nice day outside that I didn't mind not being indoors. We don't get that kind of weather in Germany, so I took full advantage while I could. Enjoy the pictures and try not to get too jealous. Operative word: try.
Our first view of the Parthenon!
I can't believe I'm here!
The Temple of Athena
The Theater of Herodes Atticus, right below the Parthenon
Matthew and I with an amazing view of the city behind us

Athens is a BIG city!
I really like the Greek flag
The Temple of Olympian Zeus, from the Acropolis

The Erechtheion, at the Acropolis
The Caryatids on the Portico
Greek Ionic columns. . . I'm in heaven
Cool shot with the sky in the background
Again, the Theater of Herodes Atticus
He's gonna hate me for this one. . . but I really like it
Back to Syros for him, back to Germany for me :(

1 comment:
So, I have no clue whats going on in your life, but is this your new boy? He is hot! Wait can a married lady say that? I miss you! When do you come home? I am LOVING your hair like this!!!!
Post a Comment