Wednesday, January 27, 2010
so long, suomi
sorry for the prolonged absence. the past month has been rough and i could not muster the motivation to blog no matter how hard i tried. insomnia has set in and i feel like a soulless corpse, just floating through the days. most nights i don't fall asleep until around 5 a.m., getting in a solid 2 hours of sleep before waking up for morning practice. i would lay in bed, forcing myself to stay still until being whisked away into dreamland. after two hours i wanted to pull my hair out and cry. thanks for nothing, tylenol PM. it seems my sleeping issues were directly linked to me becoming increasingly unhappy with my volleyball situation because since i made the decision to quit two days ago, i've slept like a baby. now it's 4:23 a.m. here in helsinki and i am wide awake. this time out of excitement. i'm on my way home. on my way to be reunited with people who love me and care about me. people who will say hello to me when i walk in a room. people who don't question my effort and my intentions because they know i give 100% in everything i do. people who won't sigh and roll their eyes when i make a mistake. people who won't give up on me. my family. my friends. i can't wait to see them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Hooooooray!!!!! I can't wait to see you. What are your plans for post-Finland life???
yay! why don't you make a stop in ohio?! haha. Well i am so glad that you made a decision that makes you happier. ps still thinking bout girls trip.
happy happy happy. we love you and cant wait to have you back.
Yay!! Call me when you get home. I'm in utah for a couple more days and i would LOVE to see you before I leave! loves.
Erica, I am sad that you've been having a rough time of it. But I'm glad your decision has you sleeping better. And let's go to dinner or lunch or dessert or the movies or something. Because I like you.
im so happy you're happy. and im so happy you're coming home. lets go to mimi's and stock up on muffins!
i'm in utah, and i coach paige. so i'm hoping the possibilities are reeeeeally good that i'm going to see you soon. travel safe!!
can i stuff my face with muffins at mimi's too??
Yay!!! I'm so glad you are home, that means I will see you soon! Hopefully sooner than later. What are you planning? Where are we going? We need to talk! I love you!
ohhh... erica. please let me know when you are in california. i know you'll need the sunshine after your months of darkness in finland. i love you. like a lot. yay!!!!!
it was sooooo good to see you!!! but you left too soon. i guess it's ok because now your kickin it with the pattersons and enjoying the sunshine on that beautiful island! i LOVE you!!!!! and can't wait for you to come home again.
Oh honey!!!! I love you and I miss you! Sorry you have had a hard time! Glad you get to come home!
Hi Erica- It was great meeting you on the flight from Miami to San Juan! Good luck in Puerto Rico :)
Amen....I wish I didn't know what you were going through but your very late nights sound all too familiar.
Eat some sushi and mexican food for me pleeaaasseee
Post a Comment