i can't stand rachael ray. whenever i see her chubby face on the back of a Ritz cracker box disclosing how to assemble the most elementary concoctions involving crackers, cheese and some sort of vegetable spread--as if we couldn't have come up with that ish ourselves--i just want to scream bloody murder. what's worse is having to listen to her speak. did god ever create a more annoying, female baritone, can't tune it out no matter how hard you try, wanna take a baseball bat to your television set whenever you hear it voice in all the world? no. besides mine, perhaps. mom is convinced every last one of her recipes suck. and i'm convinced my aunt anna could dominate her in a domestic cook-off any day of the week, what with her phenomenal cranberry stuffing and absolutely to die for cinnamon rolls. and i don't even like cinnamon rolls. i really would be interested to know how ms. ray, if that's even your real name, went about getting a television gig in the first place.
but let's bring this back to me. i have yet to see the movie julie & julia but i feel somehow inspired by it. this week i've found myself perusing the never ending options on allrecipes.com, occasionally thumbing through an article on produce selection, or how to de-bone a chicken (for all my friends and or family members with dirty minds just keep reading and don't even try to make anything of that) and going out on limbs and braving even the most advanced of baking how-to's. if i can find all the ingredients, those pumpkin cookies are going to be scrumptious! so. . . this week's omnivorous endeavor: spicy chicken and sweet potato stew. sounds so autumny, doesn't it? keep your fingers crossed that i don't set my humble, one-room apartment ablaze. i'll let you know how it goes.
3 comments:
Her signature phrase "yummo" is worse than the recipes... but seriously, don't you think it's a tiny bit adorable that she's chubby and snorts when she laughs? I spent at least a year RR hating until I watched a couple episodes of her show and then... (I'd put this in small font if I could)... now I kind of find her endearing. She tucks shirts into her jeans with belts for crying out loud! The woman's either completely ignorant or got a huge pair. And if you want, I'll send you some recipes of hers that are only slightly boring. But none of them have EVER taken me under 30 minutes. Long comment, sheesh.
For some reason, I had her on today using her for white noise! I thought she was suppose to be a cook. She did a 30 sec food blurb. What's with that? And she had three people from Project Runway on doing some insane and inane challenge that involved making a quick outfit out of food. What the HELL? Rachel Ray,DO NOT F... with my Project Runway,you donkey braying crackhead!!!
Loved the rant about Mrs. Ray and couldn't agree with you more.You should hear what Rex has to say about her. Way to go on the exploration ways to spend your time... you never know maybe this will end up being just one of your many hidden talents. Cooking is a blast! This fall Rex and I have signed up to cook every M, W, F in the Richards home and it's been a blast coming up with new recipes. I've posted a couple of them online and if you can find the ingredients I would highly recommend them.. super easy and healthy!!! because I know we're all super worried about that last one ;) You had better post some pics of your new eats and I'll pray that your apt steers clear of any and all blazes.
Post a Comment