I met Santa in the city center. Told him all I wanted for Christmas was world peace and a stable stock market. He said he'd see what he could do.
Friday, December 12, 2008
'Cause it's Almost Christmas
Christmas in Germany is like living at Disneyland during Mickey's birthday. The squares are beautifully decorated with wreaths, lights, Saint Nick and his elves. Every grocery store is brimming with Holiday treats and advent calendars and there are nussnockers, nativities and hot chocolate-a-plenty. It's pure bliss here this time of year. I LOVE CHRISTMAS! The voices of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Bing Crosby have been echoing throughout the walls of our home since the day after Halloween, bringing the Christmas spirit into all of our lives. The Christmas market in the city center is beyond beautiful. I go almost every day and I never get sick of walking around, eating the festive foods, and buying gifts for friends and family. Here are some pictures of Christmas cheer, and some more of what i've been up to the past few weeks.

I met Santa in the city center. Told him all I wanted for Christmas was world peace and a stable stock market. He said he'd see what he could do.
This pretty much sums up mine and Jackie's friendship. Feel like i've known her for years.
Lindsey (friend from my ward) has the most beautiful daughter. I got to spend some time with them on Thanksgiving and eat a little turkey and pie!
These wooden toys are typical for German Christmas gifts for children.
A meat stand at the Weinachtsmarkt (Christmas market).
German houses. So cute!
Russian Orthodox paraphernalia. I want all this stuff.
Tunisian pots.
The ferris wheel was set up in the middle of the shopping center the day after Thanksgiving. I must ride it before Christmas. . .
Amy was visiting Ivan in Moers (2 hours north of me) so she paid me a little visit for a day. We had a lot of fun and got in some good Christmas shopping. Thanks for coming Amy!
Amy got a shot of these adorable little kids eating the free cookies at the cookie stand.
Nussnockers!
The Christmas tree in the square.
Kinder on the carousel.
Nativity.
Hand-painted ornaments.
Gorgeous!
I had a really bad day, so Jackie made me breakfast and bought me a stuffed animal like hers to get me through rough nights. She's a good roommate.
How we keep ourselves entertained on bus trips.
Knitting a scarf. That's what I call teamwork!
This is how we roll in the locker room.
Teammate love.
Liv's first time seeing snow.
Paula and Sheila.
Achim gave Xiaoxun a rose, even though we lost a big one.
I met Santa in the city center. Told him all I wanted for Christmas was world peace and a stable stock market. He said he'd see what he could do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woah, your pictures are looking somewhat professional. I love your pictures. I believe you are in a Christmas wonderland. The nativity is beautiful, as are the ornaments. Amazing. You look as hot as ever. Love you.
Oh, you look like you're having so much fun!!! I can't think of a better place for you to be than a real Christmas wonderland. It looks like a dream and those hand-painted ornaments are BEAUTIFUL.
yay for Christkindmarkts!!!!! Your pictures are great. I'm sooo happy that you're enjoying it so much - you and I are too much alike sometimes but I totally love it!!! You look so happy and seeing all those pictures totally just made my day. thanks!
So when's your next break? I'm missing you a little too much. I LOVE YOU!!!!
Post a Comment